Test your services not your customers’ patience.
Implementing a brand new or upgraded Call Centre telephony service?
Then you need to determine how the changes will affect customer engagement and satisfaction before you go live. Trusting that customers will tolerate degraded performance is a risky proposition, one that you can avoid with a properly planned and executed load test.
Prior to live cut over load testing can serve a variety of valuable purposes such as:
- Demonstrating that the system meets performance criteria.
- Comparing two or more systems to find which performs best.
- Measuring which parts of the system or workload cause the system to perform badly.
- Identifying issues that may not have been otherwise discovered.
Customers often rely on pre cut over in-house testing to predict acceptable performance. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to structure in-house scenarios to adequately reflect the random nature of call volumes and varying load scenarios.
That’s why it is essential to perform a sustained, structured load test incorporating load scenarios and call volumes similar to the production work environment using public telephony infrastructure. This will help to ensure that the new system can sustain a full production load prior to moving production calls onto the system.
Such testing typically includes:
- Placing a predetermined number of calls to test telephone numbers.
- Keeping the calls active for a predetermined period of time (AHT).
- Providing detailed reporting based on the outcome of each call.
- Success or failure of each placed call, including failure reason if appropriate (busy, No Answer, etc.).
- Any calls which are prematurely dropped by the far end telephone system.
- Analyzing initial results, fine tuning, and retesting.
NuVoxx has extensive experience planning and performing load testing initiatives and can work with you to execute a load testing plan specific to your needs and goals.
To find out more information about “load testing” at NuVoxx Communications, contact us
Download the NuVoxx Call Centre Load Testing Plan PDF